The Grower Representative position represents Wonderful Citrus to third party growers and is responsible for recruiting additional acreage, servicing the current grower base, and the coordination of harvest. This position acts as a liaison between contracted growers and our Sales, Production, and Finance departments. The main grower base is in Ventura County with frequent travels to Imperial County and San Joaquin Valley.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining current grower relationships by establishing good communication and trust.
- Responsible for recruiting new grower acreage while maintaining existing grower base.
- Involved in coordinating the crop management and harvesting of citrus with outside growers.
- Partners with both Sales and Production to develop and execute effective pick strategies for areas of responsibility.
- Communicates Wonderful Citrus’ harvest and market plans to growers.
- Responsible for crop estimates to forecast the current year’s supply.
- Responsible for insuring all growers are compliant with Food Safety rules, compliance agreements, as well as all other regulatory compliance items.
- Responsible for routine observation and monitoring of field conditions during the season and gathering data and maintaining records for areas of responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Can work independently, displaying self-management skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Represents Wonderful Citrus’ values in communicating to third party growers.
- Understands the interaction between crop management and market dynamics, and can articulate those clearly to growers.
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to make good rational judgment decisions while under pressure.
- Works well in a team setting comprised of multiple departments.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and effectively presenting information and responding to managers, peers, and growers.
- Strategic thinker with tactical and detailed execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Ag Science or Plant Science is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in farming and/or harvestings, preferably as it pertains to citrus.
- Strong people skills and the ability to work with people across many different functions.
- Superior computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), reading and creating reports and conducting analysis for business decisions.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and change management skills.
- Must possess, and maintain, a valid California Driver License.
The typical work environment for this position is 60% outside 40% office. Daily travel to various ranches surrounding Ventura County, routine visits to Imperial County and San Joaquin Valley. This position requires extensive driving and long hours during peak season.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.