This position is responsible for the overall purchasing function of the company. This position is directly responsible for overseeing inventory, purchasing and distribution of supplies for all Foothill Packing operational locations. This Manager will strive to obtain the best possible prices for goods and services at the quality level needed for operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supervise the Inventory clerk and area personnel performing inventory duties.
• In coordination with the Controller, ensure that internal procedures provide efficient and accountable handling of Company resources.
• Work with on site Management in training assigned personnel for “off season” inventory control.
• Issuing Purchase Orders, verifying/confirming purchases and amounts, prepping documents for payment.
• Documenting the use and distribution of all company equipment, tools, assets
• Developing inventory controls and standards. Including LIFO, control refine all inventory quantities, develop and maintain approved vendor list.
• Develop documentation of processes, procedures and policies for all areas of operation taking into consideration any uniqueness that may exist in that area.
• Forecasting and reporting of all needed purchases.
• Communicating with vendors to insure the best purchasing value. Frequent RFQ’s of current and potential vendors.
• Develop and maintain inventory stock room locations.
• Documenting all vendor contact information and securing it in a common area for all areas of operations, currently Salinas, Huron, Yuma, El Centro
• Bi-annual evaluation and reporting of vendor pricing and sourcing new vendors.
• Quarterly inventory of all company equipment, tools, assets, including verification of vin and odometer information.
• Monitor and Maintain schedules of fuel usage. Daily monitoring of fuel pricing. Develop fuel usage standardizations.
• Work with Shop in developing fabrication budget of new or modified equipment.
• Work with shop and compliance sections to develop integration of assets with compliance issues with governmental agencies; e.g. DOT.
• Development of inventory usage tracking reports, distribution of reports to Managers.
• Work with senior management in developing new programs to improve the efficiency and dynamics of an integrated system on Dynamics – NAVISION.
Computer literate in Microsoft office, i.e. Word, Excel, Microsoft Dynamics - NAVISION. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills Experience with multitasking, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Any associate degree or higher with 2 years’ experience emphasis in agricultural; or an equivalent combination of experience (6 years), education, and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position. Some mechanical experience.
Valid Class A or B or C driver’s license, with record that meet company requirements.
Approximately 25% travel, often overnight for 2 – 5 days, is required for management oversight at all locations; vehicle and/or air. 75% Travel during the Yuma season approximately November to March. Home base will be Salinas.
Bilingual/bi-literate in English/Spanish
Basic high school/college
Light to moderate lifting (up to 20 pounds).
Reaching, stooping, pulling, pushing and manual dexterity
Operating a computer, calculator, copier and typewriter involves repetitive hand arm movement.
Sitting for long periods of time
Working in a outside environment
Entering data by touch requires the ability to hear computer alarms for errors.
Communication via phone and radio
Must be able to handle multi-tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to deal professionally with outside vendors. Communication with other staff members involves making productive contact.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.