Native Floral is a manufacturer of fresh cut flower bouquets for mass market. The company was founded in 1992 and has since grown to 5 facilities throughout the US. We are currently seeking the position of Operations Manager for our Westland, Michigan facility. This position has overall responsibility for day to day operations of this facility. The ideal candidate will be well rounded in all aspects of management including Operations, Distribution, and HR. They will work with our current team to learn our business and understand our operation. The right candidate will be a teacher, coach, and promoter with strengths in efficiency, hard work, and a focus on the details.
The position requires a person who has a strong floral or produce background. They should be able to work the peak holiday hours required of the floral industry. You will report directly to our General Operations Coordinator to learn the existing processes and provide feedback for improvements to continue our growth.
- Strong people management and development skills
- Understand, communicate, and execute production schedules
- Teach, Motivate, Evaluate, and Supervise our Westland facility employees
- Manage all departments within the facility: receiving, production, shipping/distribution and transportation
- Ability to delegate tasks and hold accountable for the final outcomes
- Emphasis on details, quality control, and efficiencies
- Clear understanding of HR, OSHA, and DOL wage and hour requirements
- Oversee and maintain facility building, equipment, fleet, and machinery
- Four-year degree in business, agriculture, manufacturing or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the flower or perishable industry in a managerial position (Must have been a lead in an operations setting)
- A strong track record of improving performance at previous work places
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
- Strong analytical and managerial skills
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Physically capable to push, pull and lift up to 45 pounds
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits included.
Please email resumes below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.