Superior Grocers is one of the largest independently-owned chains of grocery stores in Southern California. Our philosophy is to offer the highest quality products at the lowest prices with exceptional customer service. You can always count on excellent value, variety, and quality when you shop at Superior Grocers. We are dedicated to building a community of loyal customers, vendors and staff where food shopping is fun and the spirit and love of family guide our actions.
We are looking for a Category Manager, Produce to join the team in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
The Category Manager, Produce is responsible and accountable for the achievement of category sales, profit, market share, inventory control and cost objectives within their categories. The Category Manager, Produce is responsible for all replenishment activity to ensure smooth product flow to the stores. The Category Manager, Produce utilizes Operations Supervisors to support merchandising requirements and adjustments to store specific opportunities. This job classification requires strong knowledge of retail operations, strong product knowledge of items in their categories, excellent logistics knowledge and the ability to leverage all these areas for best cost of goods.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment relating to assigned Grocery Categories duties.
- Maintains a professional business relationship in the company’s best interest when interacting with vendors.
- Controls and monitors inventory levels at both the store level and warehouse DC.
- Analyze product movement for optimum sales.
- Negotiates and creates contracts for promotional monies.
- Required traveling to trade shows.
- Driving to different store locations and competition to constantly monitor business.
- Communicate effectively and cross functionally with upper management and other depts.
- Interface with District Managers to find solutions to store issues.
- Responsible for maintaining company inventory levels through ordering, DSD and distribution.
- Recommend changes in policies and procedures as necessary.
- Special projects as assigned.
- This position requires a BA degree or comparable work experience in Purchasing.
- Require at least four to seven years of experience.
- This position requires general knowledge in mathematics and Grocery product lines.
- Efficient in Word, Excel and Power Point. Good communication skills, verbal and written a must.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet the demand of work deadlines. Able to maintain good working relationships with co-workers-supervisor, management and department heads. Ability to identify issues and make the necessary corrections effectively.
- Analytical skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.