Fresh Pacific Fruit & Vegetable is a diversified full service sales and marketing company, specializing in fresh produce, dried fruits and nuts. Founded in 1989, the company has grown to become highly respected in the field of international produce export and sales.
Currently, the company is seeking to fill its Controller-Financial Officer position with an experienced individual with some background in agricultural-produce accounting and business operations. This position will direct the company’s financial affairs and prepare financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with support schedules for the guidance of management. This position further involves supervision over all general accounting, including staff management of accounts receivable and accounts payable, along with asset control, cost accounting, employee benefit management and payroll.
Other duties include but not limited to:
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintains the company's system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions on both accrual and cash basis.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyzes and reports variances.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Manages daily cash flow and utilizes industry and business acumen to provide management with useful and efficient internal reports, revises and updates.
- Performs administrative functions related to human resources including employee benefits, health insurance, 401(k) and cafeteria programs.
- Evaluates and recommends insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Performs other non-accounting functions including information technology, legal and facility management.
Qualifications and Job Requirements: Educational background should include a BA/BS in accounting and or finance or MBA. A combination equivalent work or education would be acceptable with a minimum of 10 years of related experience. Candidates with produce industry experience will be given preferred consideration. This position requires technical and analytical skills, proficient in data processing operations, along with exceptional ability in Excel, MS Word and Adobe Acrobat. Strong verbal and written skills along with management and organization abilities are important.
Employment benefits include: To the qualifying individual, Fresh Pacific offers a competitive salary and benefit package, including health insurance, life and disability insurance as well as dental and vision insurance. Moreover, the company provides an excellent profit share and 401k plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.