Job Title: Retail Sales Developer
Reports to: General Manager / VP of Sales
Oversee the growth and development of retail sales in a dynamic and growing company. Pure Fresh by Planesa is a leader in the berry industry and growing substantially in the vegetable category. The Retail Sales Developer with assistance of the GM and VP of Sales will research, target and approach potential customers.
- In joining together with the GM and VP of Sales, target new customers. In advance of approaching all potential customers the plan should be revised to take in to account market conditions and all other variables pertaining our products.
- Understand and make use of our company’s expertise and awareness of the markets and products.
- Utilize your abilities and knowledge to approach potential customers, research and establish products to be offered as well as different packing formats.
- Work together with production to establish pricing for new customers.
- Develop marketing plan to reach new customers and increase sales.
- Meet with existing customers buying contacts as needed to ensure all targets and goals are being met.
- Be aware of dynamic and changing situations involving the established programs.
- Have readiness and be prepared to present new items and innovative packing options.
- Grow current programs.
- Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business.
- Previous sales experience (minimum of 10 years) and knowledge of the produce industry.
- Effective communication skills, strong customer skills, team oriented.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, good decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task, above average problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in working with retailers and food service.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.