Outside Sales Rep (Eastern MA Region)
Our company has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Outside Sales Representative responsible for maintaining and increasing market share in the eastern Massachusetts region, by satisfying customer needs and meeting management objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify customer needs and satisfy them profitably.
- Work independently to develop prospective customers and daily itinerary.
- Maintain existing customer base through effective follow-up and customer service skills.
- Monitor customer’s sales and volume increases and decreases.
- Maintain specific contracts and pricing for identified customers.
- Introduce new items to customers and suggestively sell promotional items.
- Identify lost/split customers and inform manager.
- Follow through with customer requests.
- Promote programs and customer support through outside functions such as food shows, farm markets, and making small deliveries when necessary.
- Maintain open communications with other Marketing Associates.
- Facilitate inter-departmental communication to solve problems and satisfy customer’s needs.
- Develop marketing and sales strategies and presentations.
- Input orders into computer system when necessary.
- Assist in operational procedures such as recalls, inventory, and ongoing training.
- Attend sales meetings as required.
- Good adherence to the work schedule. Overtime as needed. Availability to work weekends occasionally.
- Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP, Sales or designee.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Food Service or Produce industry experience.
- Outside Sales experience in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge of food service establishments in the Boston region is preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to work within a team environment.
- A strong desire to go the extra mile to bring new business and to help increase existing business. High School diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred. Superior organizational and time-management skills.
- A desire to work in a fast paced environment where taking initiative, displaying a strong work ethic, paying attention to detail, and having a willingness to cross boundaries and provide excellent customer service to our loyal customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) AS400 experience a plus.
- Bilingual –English/Spanish a plus
- Position requires significant local travel - valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and good MVR a must
FreshPoint Connecticut is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We offer a drug free work place and we perform background checks.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.