Automated Harvesting LLC provides a high quality, cost effective harvesting solution utilizing the most efficient harvesting practices, while challenging the common conventions and industry norms of harvesting through automation, robotics and innovation.
Our operations are year-round, harvesting in California in the summer and Arizona during the winter season. The target goal of the company is to harvest the highest quality vegetables while utilizing the most ergonomic and effective automated harvesting equipment available.
We are a progressive company that believes in management through empowerment and we encourage responsible autonomy, out-of-the-box thinking, and team work effort to achieve our goals. We offer a competitive salary range and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), long & short term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, per diem in Yuma, a variety of employee incentive programs, and a bonus plan based on company profitability.
POSITION TITLE: Harvesting Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Automated Harvesting General Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: The Harvesting Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the harvesting operation related to their specific crop(s); including the supervision of the harvest team.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises daily harvesting operation of assigned crop(s).
- Supervises harvest team: tractor drivers and machine operators.
- Coordinates field harvesting operation with contract labor foremen.
- Collaborates with DOT administrator/dispatcher to ensure efficient transportation of product.
- Inspects, plans, and forecasts quality and quantity of product available for future harvesting.
- Responsible for harvesting equipment (trains, delegates and ensures that employees comply with proper operation of assigned equipment, daily inspections, equipment safety procedures, sanitation of equipment, and reporting repair & maintenance issues to maintenance supervisor).
- Follows, and motivates employees to understand, company procedures and policies.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
- Collaborates & communicates with general manager, food safety & sanitation, plant receiving & Q.A., human resources, dispatcher, and maintenance supervisor.
- Prepares and delivers harvest documentation to the appropriate personnel: GM, HR, DOT and Food Safety managers.
- Reports employee infractions to HR in an equitable and consistent manner.
- Assists in recruitment efforts and ensures new employees are processed through HR in accordance with legal requirements.
- Attends management meetings to share information regarding crops, employees and issues needing attention.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Travels with the company between harvesting regions (Salinas/Yuma).
- At least 5 years of continuous and current harvest management experience.
- Bi-lingual, bi-literate in English/Spanish, must be able to write in both English & Spanish.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and train employees.
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and priorities while remaining calm and focused.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Computer literacy in basic operations of Microsoft outlook email, and Excel spreadsheet data entry highly desirable.
Ideal candidates will include a cover letter that addresses the following:
1) Their bilingual skills per job description requirements.
2) Their ability to travel with the company; living in Yuma, AZ. for 5-6 months, and in Salinas, CA. for 6-7 months.
3) How their previous experience/education relates to the position we are trying to fill.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.