Automated Harvesting LLC provides a high quality, cost effective harvesting solution utilizing the most efficient harvesting practices, while challenging the common conventions and industry norms of harvesting through automation, robotics and innovation.
Our operations are year-round, harvesting in California in the summer and Arizona during the winter season. The target goal of the company is to harvest the highest quality vegetables while utilizing the most ergonomic and effective automated harvesting equipment available.
We are a progressive company that believes in management through empowerment and we encourage responsible autonomy, out-of-the-box thinking, and team work effort to achieve our goals. We offer a competitive salary range and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), long & short term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, per diem in Yuma, a variety of employee incentive programs, and a bonus plan based on company profitability.
POSITION TITLE: Human Resource Generalist
REPORTS TO: Automated Harvesting Human Resource Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting and facilitating the human resource processes at all business locations.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (prepare new-hire packets, post jobs, review applications, interviews, reference checks, on-board, enter new-hires into HRIS records, benefits plan and EDD reporting).
- Maintains accurate digital and hard copy employee personnel files. Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Assists HR management with safety program development & implementation; conducts safety meetings when necessary and maintains safety training recordkeeping system.
- Assists with the development & implementation of employee recognition programs.
- Assists with payroll.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans. Prepares health benefit information packets for newly eligible employees. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes a list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Assists with termination tasks as needed (prepare termination documentation, remove employee from HRIS data base, file system, and benefits plan to ensure COBRA activation).
- Maintains and processes Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Conducts research and prepares research reports.
- Organizes, copies and files documents as needed.
- Acts as the first point of contact and an employee relations representative when needed.
- Assists in the implementation, interpretation, translation and maintenance of all company policies and procedures.
- Attends meetings and collaborates with management as needed.
- Runs errands when needed.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to travel with the company between Salinas, CA. and Yuma, AZ.
- Human Resource Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree in another discipline with a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience
- No college degree with a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong, well-developed cross-cultural awareness.
- Collaborative relationship management experience.
- Flexible personality with changing schedules, multiple priorities, and unexpected events.
- Excellent observation & listening skills.
- Professionally motivated to always do the best one can do.
- Detail oriented, organized and efficient.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skill with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.