Mustard Seed Market and Café
Website for application: www.mustardseedmarket.com, click on “work with us” and seek desired position from listing on website.
Provides excellent customer service, maintains pricing, stocking, and rotation of merchandise in the produce area, performs point-of-sale and receiving functions.
- Provides customers with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Assists in receiving and unloading merchandise; verifies items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered; checks products for quality, count, and condition.
- Stocks display cases and ensures proper rotation of products, takes finished products to refrigerated storage or shelf areas, maintains organized cooler.
- Follow procedures for receiving, code dating, trimming, juicing (Montrose), storing, price marking and restocking products to ensure quality protection, accuracy and product rotation.
- Knows various aspects of all produce including taste, preparation, or use and price differences between similar classes of products.
- Inform management of pricing problem areas or discrepancies.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining inventory control.
- Handles damaged products according to company policy and assists in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
(E) High school education or equivalent(E) 2 years experience in retail environment(D) 2 years experience in produce operations preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Verbal skillsAbility to work with minimum supervisionInterpersonal skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.