The product coordinator will be responsible for oversight of the day-to-day product business activities operations planning through a respectful, productive and energetic style, as guided by company objectives. The qualified candidate will assist in managing the daily and weekly sales operations execution, communication, planning, and measurement for the commodity. This includes, but is not limited to, coordinate inventories and guiding the harvest team accordingly. In addition, this position will monitor and measure sales activities to coordinate product flow and order fulfillment from all production regions. The sales and operations planning will require working closely with cross-functional groups across the company and partner staff to ensure successful short-range planning and execution of our sales plan.
SCOPE OF ROLE
• Focus on day to day, short and mid-term operations planning for incoming product.
• Monitor aging and product rotation.
• Update and distribute Daily Pack Plan to all growing area/facility when necessary.
• Monitor special pack requests and export orders.
• Enter daily/hourly estimates and adjust the short-term pack plans as needed.
• Work closely with internal transportation team to maximize freight efficiencies.
• Act as direct contact between Sales and Commodity Managers.
• Prepare weekly product availability reports for the Sales team.
• Communicate transportation, availability, inventory, order fulfillment and other unforeseen situations that arise to the Commodity Managers and Sales department.
• Update Sales and Logistics teams with any changes and order fulfillment interruptions.
• Manage daily sales operations including reviewing inventories, product rotation, and carryover, claims reduction and customer service goals.
• Coordinate and communicate with the Sales assuring sales orders align with production and advises when contrary actions are needed.
• Must be available to be on call evenings and weekends.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture Business, Business Supply Chain Management or related field preferred.
• Proficient knowledge of computers & software as utilized in the sales environment; Microsoft suite of applications such as, PowerPoint, Excel, Word. Previous experience with Famous database a plus.
• English/Spanish bilingual and bi-literate preferred.
• Knowledge of agriculture business, produce sales, order fulfillment, and/or production management preferred.
• Minimum 3 years experience of working in an office or produce environment preferred.
• Maintain positive relationships with customers, receivers, and employees at all levels.
• Effective time management skills to ensure a high level of quality and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a self-starter, multi-task oriented, work well independently and act on own initiative.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure.
• Excellent written and verbal communicating skills.
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
• Ability make competent decisions independently, accept responsibility and thrive in a cooperative team environment.
• Seasonal relocation may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.