A well-established table grape grower, packer and shipper is looking for an experienced Ranch Manager to join our team in the Coachella Valley region.
As the Ranch Manager you are responsible for managing all agricultural growing operations for approximately 400 acres. This includes but is not limited to developing plans for the farm, managing farming operations, overseeing farm development, managing the ground prep and planting process, and executing day to day cultural growing practices and harvest activities in order to ensure successful crops.
- Responsible for ground preparation, planting, irrigating, fertilizing, spraying, cultivating and harvesting operations.
- Managing and leading a staff of both regular and temporary employees.
- Participate in the budget creation and manage location expenses.
- Procuring crop inputs, including those for production and protection, and controlling the inventory.
- Manage location records, including those on equipment maintenance and field records.
- Provide training to staff in the areas of safety, food safety, and general work requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Production agriculture and management experience is required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Must have knowledge of irrigation methods, farm equipment operation and general maintenance.
- Results oriented manager.
- Ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.