Are you a technical professional with experience in the agricultural or food manufacturing sector? Do you enjoy traveling for work? If you answered “yes” to these questions then this may be the right opportunity for you.
SCS Global Services is seeking an Auditor to conduct food safety audits in accordance with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and other food safety certification programs. The Auditor works closely with clients and the Food Safety Team to complete audit reports with a high degree of integrity and quality. The Auditor is expected to maintain certification and active status with relevant accreditation bodies and would work with Safe Quality Food (SQF), British Retail Consortium (BRC), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and other Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) food safety programs.This position requires extensive domestic travel. Travel may be required up to 75% of the time.
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
- 2 years’ experience as a qualified SQF Auditor with SQF audit experience in several different food sector categories
- Demonstrated understanding of the SQF certification program requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related scientific field (Food Science, Chemistry, etc.)
- Familiarity with the third party certification process
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong relationship building skills to maintain and expand business opportunities
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook, CRM and Database systems
Additional Preferred Skills
3+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review SQF applications and other applicable document pertaining to the scheme requirements
- Prepare Audit Plan for audit, once audit is confirmed and perform onsite client audits
- Complete and submit high quality audit reports within established timelines, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Maintain positive client relationships by conducting audits in a professional manner
- Respond to client questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Adhere to all quality and code of conduct standards
- Book travel, hotel and transportation according to company policy and well ahead of time, and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Maintain up to date knowledge of food safety regulations and standards
- Conduct technical reviews and decision making process upon request, as long as there is no conflict
- Conduct witness audit on auditors upon request
- Collaborate with Operations
- Attend ongoing training as needed to maintain certification to conduct audits, maintain training records in the database system
- Scan audit documents and save to server, including exit interview, notes, and any other support documentation collected during the audit
About SCS Global Services
SCS Global Services is a global leader in third-party environmental, sustainability and food quality certification, auditing, testing and standards development. SCS is growing and is looking for a positive, energetic and well organized candidate who is excited to join our team and will help us promote environmental sustainability.
SCS was one of the first companies to become a chartered benefit corporation in the state of California, recognized for the incorporation of environmental, social and employee benefits into our mission. Part of our commitment to our employees is to ensure they are happy and healthy at work. We believe this means providing excellent health care and paid sick time benefits for our employees. SCS’ vision is to promote sustainable decision-making and policies in every sector of the economy around the world, in order to safeguard our environment, support workers and communities, and raise the standard of living for all. We believe that we can change the world through our programs. If you would like to join an impactful organization that cares about its employees, apply here.
SCS Global Services is an EEO employer and participates in E-Verify.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.