The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the sales goals established by Sales Director and for managing the daily operations of Sales Department while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- Identify and maintain appropriate staffing levels to achieve department goals
- Assign accounts to appropriate staff, cover staffing for vacations, etc., and assign other tasks as needed
- Direct management of Sales staff and oversight of the sales department
- Hold consistently scheduled staff meetings
- Provide guidance to sales staff members on strategy and conflict resolution
- Create a positive work environment to facilitate team approach
- Provide input to Sales Director to help establish sales goals
- Create and implement strategies to meet established goals
- Analyze sales activities and trends
- Work with Account Managers both in-house and in the field to maintain customer satisfaction and to resolve problems
- Set pricing guidelines, discount and promotional programs
- Develop overall goals for each Account Manager
- Evaluate accounts for performance and identify tier status for each account
- Develop Sales Department staffing schedule
- Identify and share best practices amongst sales staff
- Ensure collective accuracy of customer data in system in VV’s proprietary database and in e-mail
- Manage process of credit application to the point of hand-off to Finance
- Communicate with other departments as needed to ensure the smooth workflow for the department and company
- 3-5 years of experience in sales management
- Experience in organic produce industry required; experience in distribution a plus
- Appreciation for the principles of sustainable agriculture and the value of organic produce
- Comfortable with office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be an insurable driver
Veritable Vegetable offers an excellent work environment, competitive salaries and great benefits.
TO APPLY, please provide a resume, cover letter and salary requirements!
Veritable Vegetable, an organic produce distributor with 40 years of experience, purchases, transports and supplies the highest quality organic fruits and vegetables on the market. We actively improve the sustainable food system by supporting organic farmers, increasing access to fresh produce, strengthening communities and cultivating a fair and dynamic workplace. What makes us unique is our commitment to running the business based on values rather than the bottom line. We believe in using the power of business to solve social and environmental challenges and have been certified as a B Corporation. Our company culture stresses high integrity relationships, quality produce, minimal environmental impact and active involvement in the community.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.