Fruit Growers Supply Company has a vacancy for a Buyer / Irrigation Project Coordinator, reporting to the District Manager.
Will be discussed with qualified applicant at the time of the interview.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Irrigation Salesperson to:
- Prepare project estimates promptly and accurately.
- Coordinate pulling & staging materials for irrigation projects.
- Coordinate fulfillment on any material shortages in a timely manner
- Initiate and processes direct orders from various vendors
- Follows up on orders and vendor invoices.
- Coordinate material pickup with customers and sub-contractors.
- Assist with scheduling sub-contractors during installation phase of projects and communicates any conflicts.
- Follow up on material returned on projects to insure accurate accounting of credits for closing projects.
- Open irrigation jobs promptly and accurately.
- Final bill irrigations promptly and accurately.
- Assists with monitoring irrigation stock inventory and communicates with other Buyers so inventories are maintained.
- Reviews Goods Issue tickets, purchase orders for proper Project numbers and maintain project files.
- Able to handle numerous and challenging tasks, must be able to multi task in an organized fashion (a must).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (a must)
- Answers telephone and email communication as needed and maintains a contact sheet.
- May assist Irrigation Specialist with field work.
- Responsible for improving and finding alternative sources and solutions in helping customers accomplish their buying needs.
- Must attend irrigation meetings.
- Assist with retail and warehouse activities as directed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Customary Education and Experience:
- A college degree in Business Management or an Agricultural related field preferred and/or
- 3-5 years business/irrigation experience
- Must have strong computer skills – Excel, Word, and Outlook – SAP a plus.
- Valid unrestricted California driver’s license and a reliable vehicle available for business use as required.
- Continuing educational classes in irrigation will be encouraged.
NOTE: This is a general description of the position and is not a full description of all duties. Specifics will be discussed at the time of any interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.