Food Safety Specialist in Coachella, CA. You’ll have the opportunity to utilize your food safety knowledge to audit, improve, teach, coach, and promote our food safety programs to our suppliers, customers and employees.
FOOD SAFETY SPECIALIST (TEMPORARY)
Are you an individual who thrives in a challenging environment? If so, we’re seeking talent to join our team as a
Food Safety Specialist in Coachella, CA. You’ll have the opportunity to utilize your food safety knowledge to audit, improve, teach, coach, and promote our food safety programs to our suppliers, customers and employees. Select the job title to view the full job description.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- • Promote Ocean Mist Farms programs by educating suppliers, customers, and employees.
- • Develop and implement policies and programs on food safety/defense guidance and education.
- Perform in-house and 3rdparty audits and inspections; conduct detailed and documented risk assessments.
- Develop facility/field standard operating procedures according to food safety and food defense standards. Maintain food safety records and database.
- Sample and evaluate held product against standards to assist in final dispositions.
- Sample and/or document incoming materials on arrival; check certificates of analysis, lot numbers, and quantities and test against standards.
- Make determinations on acceptance or rejection of materials based on testing, experience.
- Review chemical inventory and update respective MSDS files.
- Address customer / consumer inquiries and manage food safety related complaints.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and must always maintain a professional image that supports Ocean Mist Farms values, image and goals. Attention to detail in all activities is imperative. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental health, biology or chemistry is preferred; degree with comparablefood safety, microbiology, or quality assurance experience will be considered.
- An experienced specialist with knowledge in food science, biological/physical sciences, food safety, and quality assurance in a manufacturing environment is highly desired.
- A Certified Professional–Food Safety(CP-FS) orCertified in Comprehensive Food Safety(CCFS) credential is highly desired. Requires continuing education in management, operations and personal development. Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
- Adhere to Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement (LGMA), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) as minimum standards.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with the confidence to present in large group settings.
- Sound technical skills, excellent judgment and strong operational focus. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills; must exercise a high degree of initiative, discipline, judgment, discretion and decision-making.
- Energetic forward-thinking individual with ability to maintain effective working relationships within all levels of the organization, customers, vendors and guests.
- Proficient software skills are required, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications, (i.e., Excel and Word) is required; prior Famous experience is highly desired
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.