This person will oversee, direct, and manage the Quality Assurance Team. Will be responsible for the general oversight and management of quality assurance across the organic and conventional farming operations. Coordinate, implement and audit Quality Programs/Procedures for Central West Produce growing, harvesting and cooling operations.
- Oversee all aspects of the Quality Assurance Team.
- Help Sales and Management implement, and maintain all Quality related programs, standards, and procedures across the berry category.
- Responsible for the training needs of the organizations workforce to ensure compliance with all Quality policies and procedures.
- Must be willing to travel to various growing regions.
- Create and execute training for growers, harvesters and cooler personnel
- Monitor and respond to quality indicators
- Provide recommendations to farming, facilities, and sales based on field product quality
- Troubleshoot and investigate food quality issues, and interact with all customer relevant representatives
- Develop, train and assess the performance of QA Department staff; Provide recommendations to management in relation to QA compliance
- Understand and track customer complaints. Determine common root causes and provide solutions. Use this information to alter training on QA
- Integrate QA into production and train employees to ensure high quality packs. Conduct continual monitoring and training of QA specs to all employees using new and/or existing technologies
- Maintain and update all QA SOP’s
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to drive short or long distance, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Valid Driver Licenses
- 5 years in production agriculture, with 2-3 year of field quality experience.
- Prior experience in a quality department and/or role
- Previous staff management experience is required
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, must be flexible, even-tempered, persuasive and a good mediator.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring communication and interaction with all levels of the organization.
- Prepare quality documents and reports summarizing key metrics, information and trends
- Be able to perform all inspections and duties of QA techs. Ensure accuracy and timely delivery of reports using all existing technologies
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Attention to detail
- Competency in computer word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (Excel)
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability train and lead others in proper Quality functions and company standards, procedures and policies.
- Assist in assigning work
- Affirmatively and effectively support company/managements decisions
- Ability to effectively and appropriately defuse a situation
- Must be good negotiator, innovative and persuasive
- Strong ability to work independently and remain self-motivated with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent ability to analyze data timely, efficiently, effectively and multi-task projects/assignments
- Experience in Berry farming operations is desirable.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain all duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.