We are currently looking for dynamic Sales Associates who understand that our industry isn’t merely selling commodities. It is about connection, relationships, and people. Based on our founder’s ideals, Dave’s core values are what we operate on everyday—honesty, integrity, and quality service.
Dave’s Specialty Imports, Inc., a third generation family-owned and operated company has been marketing premium berries and other fresh produce items for 25 years. We partner with conventional and organic growers to service some of the best retail and foodservice operators in the USA and Canada.
As a family business, we want to extend that family feeling to all of our customers and partners. As the ambassadors of our brand and our family name it is critical that our sales team embodies our core values along with a strong passion for people, produce, and sales.
There is a tremendous opportunity for growth in this position. Compared to other rigid corporate structures we offer flexibility and an environment that can excite, challenge, and reward you.
Junior and mid-level positions available. Opportunities to join the Miami-area office or Cincinnati office, a possibility of working from remote office depending on the candidate’s experience and expertise.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses
- Handle day-to-day sales calls, sales order process and logistically planning
- Help to build and strengthen relationships with existing customers
- Develop new business leads and opportunities for customers in retail and/or food service
- Identify customer needs and preferred communication style and maintain excellent rapport with customers-- tailor communication and follow-through to the customer's needs or company requirements
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales
- Collaborate closely and communicate clearly with internal teams to best serve customer needs and to best support internal team or the company as whole
- Act as an ambassador for Dave’s vision and values and carry this through in sales calls, in-person meetings, and trade show events
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Minimum 3-5 years previous sales experience (within berry category is a plus)
- Effective phone and in-person presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to handle and diffuse problems calmly and effectively
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organized and efficient
- Sense of urgency applicable to perishable product
- Self-motivated and can work independently
- Consistency in professionalism and good judgment
- Positive attitude and desire to work as a team player
- Champion for colleagues and willingness to train or help others
- Knowledge of appropriate produce trading practices
- Desire to innovate, and improve upon current processes
- Travel within the U.S. and possible international travel
- Diverse network and understanding of the produce industry is a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- May require availability outside of normal business hours, such as early morning hours, weekends and evenings
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.