- Build strong relationships with new and existing growers.
- Recruit avocado growers for packing and marketing of crop.
- Be a trusted advisor, assisting growers in implementing best practices to meet their needs and concerns while maximizing grower returns.
- Communicate and coordinate with labor contractors to ensure successful harvesting.
- Conduct grower outreach in the form of technical support and cultural seminars.
- Monitors crops and provides crop estimates and projections for use in business planning.
- Provide input and feedback to Index Fresh management relating to grower relationships and fruit availability.
- Regularly communicate with operations, sales and accounting to ensure strong performance in delivery and service outcomes.
- Coordinate with Food Safety team to ensure orchards are compliant with applicable regulations.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as required or assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or related field, or equivalent agriculture experience
- Three to five years experience working in grower relations
- Willingness and ability to travel as required throughout central and southern California
- Excellent verbal, written, public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented and highly organized
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; typical work hours are varied and require flexibility. Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends required.
Approximately 75% travel by car throughout central and southern California during the business day and some overnight travel may be expected.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.