JOB TITLE: Shop Manager
DEPARTMENT: Field Operations
LOCATION: Coachella, Ca.
REPORTS TO: Coachella Ranch Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Must work a minimum of 54 hours per week; schedule will be determined by Coachella Ranch Manager.
Prime Time International is searching for a Shop Manager for our farm operation in Coachella, CA. The Shop Manager will coordinate and direct the Mecca Shop, maximize efficiency and productivity while providing quality repair work. You will be responsible for ordering parts and maintaining inventory. You must keep excellent maintenance, equipment and PM records and accurately enter data in Manager Plus. Must be able to plan how equipment will come through the shop for regular maintenance. Able to direct mechanics and keep them busy. The shop Manager, will need to maintain equipment and shop facilities to PTI standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for price comparison, parts and supplies for all equipment, tractors, implements, vehicles, etc.
- Schedule & track maintenance costs for all equipment & vehicles.
- Assist human resources with training, recordkeeping, safety issues and communication with the shop employees.
- Utilize computerized Management Plus System
- Supervise and assign tasks to mechanics
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- high school diploma generally required
- CPR/First Aid
- Sexual Harassment Training
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of programs used by the Company.
- 5+ years of shop experience.
- Proven leadership skills with positive, proactive, and strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Ability to implement and adhere to Company safety policies & programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate & deal effectively with the public and other employees.
- Creative & team oriented.
- Hands-on experience for creative problem solving & innovative approaches to complex problems.
- Proven success in developing, motivating, training and coaching employees
- Purchasing experience & the ability to negotiate & work with vendors.
- Knowledge of Company human resources issues and safety regulations.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with Company practices & procedures as they relate to the produce farming industry.
- Promote quality customer service internal and external.
- Must be familiar with the processing of work orders.
- Parts Inventory Management
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level and working conditions are similar to those for an maintenance shop. The employee is occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold or heat.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.