The qualified candidate must be highly motivated and have the ability to work safely in accordance with OSHA standards, effectively as both an independent self‐starter and work cooperatively with others. This work must be planned and executed to meet crucial deadlines, efficiently serve our clients, and build the success of our programs. The following job functions are not all‐inclusive and may change as required by the needs of the Company.
At Ocean Mist Farms, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to grow and ship our top quality products. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Equipment Maintenance Technician
- Install, inspect, maintain and repair refrigeration equipment.
- Troubleshoot specialized equipment and machinery. Test lines, components and connections using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic test equipment.
- Perform charge and leak checks; pre‐start up checks.
- Work in our plant & processing operations to support all equipment and installation / de‐installation needs, preventative & regular equipment maintenance.
- Analyze equipment failures, determines cause(s) and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Ensure that the Maintenance Department completes all facility service requirements.
- Maintain a working inventory of spare parts and order parts as needed for preventative maintenance and repair equipment.
- Ensure that the equipment and surrounding areas are kept best‐in‐class quality and condition.
- Seek new technologies and automation opportunities in lowering the overall manufacturing costs.
- Repair diesel and gas forklifts, trailers, and other machinery. Uses shop tools and test instruments as needed.
- Diagnose systems for cause of failure or potential failure. Disassembles components and inspect parts.
- Reassembles components and tests machine operation. Clean, service and lubricate machinery; adjusts systems and controls.
- Confer with plant manager to coordinate priority projects; equipment repair, and extent of repairs to be performed. Completes parts request forms. Orders parts through various sources such as parts books, CDs, internet websites and parts department.
- Perform extensive configuration of hydraulic and electrical systems where new systems or modifications to existing systems are required.
- Complete and track work order numbers, machine and task codes and project hours. Note incomplete repairs or any other relevant observations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.