Deardorff Family Farms (“DFF”) is a fourth generation family business based in Oxnard, California that is engaged in growing, packing, shipping and marketing of fresh vegetables. We need someone who is well versed in all areas of human resources for a farming operation. The HR Generalist will be the key HR person in the company and will report directly to the owners of DFF.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Act as the point person for all employee relations including issues of pay, benefits, training, PSL, PTO, family medical leave, return to work, worker’s compensation, medical insurance, lay-offs and all other employment questions.
- Responsible for all hiring practices for permanent and seasonal workforce as well as the creation and maintenance of employee files.
- Ensure all new hires are ready for work and that any and all orientation and training programs have been successfully completed. Conduct orientations and trainings or assist department managers in these trainings.
- Implements ongoing training programs to comply with legal requirements and company goals. This will involve actual training of employees and/or managers (train the trainers), record keeping and periodic management reports.
- Oversee the worker safety programs, including the Injury Illness Prevention Program, safety-meetings, worker’s compensation issues, injured worker status, OSHA reporting and compliance, accident investigations, and any emergency care and response requirements that arise.
- Routinely meet with foreman and managers to ensure all human resource issues are being handled properly.
The Essential Qualifications:
The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of progressively responsible HR experience for a farming company. Strong communication skills in both English and Spanish, a proactive approach to work and an ability to relate to other employees that are being serviced is critical.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.