We are conducting a search for a well-established and respected agribusiness firm based in charming eastern North Carolina for their next Plant Manager for their produce operation. This is a great opportunity for the right person to step into a very responsible role and become an integral part of leadership team of this progressive family business. The company has a decades-long history of integrity and is considered an industry leader if not the industry leader. This is a dynamic company which provides an exciting fast paced environment to work in as well as competitive compensation. Qualified, interested candidates should send resume directly to Doug McCright for consideration.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.
Reports to: The Company President/CEO
The Plant Manager position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for production, maintenance, food safety, quality, sanitation, inventory management and other production-related activities. The Plant Manager must drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. They will oversee all daily operations of the plant from pre-processed product storage to processing and shipping to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The successful candidate will have the key skills to develop processes that will maximize profitability, stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations ensuring objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner
- Exercise control over operating expenditures, manpower, wages, including overtime, and salaries.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Implement and maintain cleaning and sanitizing operations.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provide direction, development, training and leadership to production supervisors to accomplish the company goals and objectives
- Daily communication with sales and office
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining or improving current quality standards
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Works with the company’s corporate office to insure accurate production cost data to maximize operating efficiency and profitability.
- Develop and implement an organization structure that supports high volume, accuracy, and quality production.
- Monitors key production matrix for measuring and managing efficiency.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards and on-time shipping, minimizing premium freight
- .Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions when necessary
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to and ensure plant safety procedures are followed
- Commit to and ensure company HR procedures are followed
- Follow the systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues and concerns
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Proven working experience as an operations manager
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Computer literacy
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Financial Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Five years plant/general management experience in the food industry. Would prefer experience in a produce packing house operation.
This position manages all employees of the plant and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the plant.The plant manager will identify, train and coach line supervisors.
Eastern North Carolina
Travel is limited and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel is required.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be an integral part of the leadership team of the company and who wants to pursue a long term career with stability, growth and financial rewards. We are looking for only the best and the brightest, if you consider yourself one of the best Plant Managers around with solid experience, forward resume and salary history to Doug McCright for consideration. All inquiries, resumes and applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
NO PHONE CALLS
PLEASE, NO AGENCIES
Equal opportunity employer
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.