Title: Industrial Engineer
Division: True Leaf Farms
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Assist in the continuous improvement projects for expansion, reduction in labor, reduction in cost, and other items through engineering and project management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure effective project coordination (Gantt charts, CAPEX files, etc.);
- Assure ongoing compliance with projects standards in group regulatory requirements;
- Efficient CAD, AutoCAD, 3D AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Project Management Ability to plan and execute both small and mid-sized projects from start to finish
- Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service.
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes.
- Assist in financial planning and cost analysis.
- Design production planning and control systems.
- Design methods to ensure product quality.
- Understand hygienic design of equipment and facilities.
- Familiar with High/Low care, ready to eat (RTE), HACCP, traffic flow, and different zones of a food plant.
- Knowledge in electrical circuits.
- Understand flow of processing plants.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in engineering from four-year College or university and one to two years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PE desirable but not required
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
AutoCAD, 3D AutoCAD, Solidworks
High capacity laptop computer for drawings, measuring devices, etc
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.