ABOUT US and who we are looking for
Be part of an organization that is growing and expanding! If you possess the following attributes, then we are looking for you!
- Ability to multi-task (very important)
- Strong Excel skills
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Commitment to getting the job done right, always accurate
- Solid work ethic
- Strong attendance, open availability, and flexibility
- Strong sense of pride in a job well done
- Passion for agriculture a plus
- Genuine respect and empathy for others
- If you don’t know, ask.
- Ability to keep composure in stressful situations
- Willing to Learn
- Experience in Logistics, HR and Procurement is an asset
We are a start-up wholesale greenhouse grower that is expanding operations daily. Our emphasis is on building a strong knowledgeable team. Our goal is to produce high-quality products and to build strong partnerships with our customers, so that we grow together.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position: F/T Office Management – Hourly Position to start
*Salary will be based on experience as well as performance.
Reports to: President, Logistics Manager and Operations Coordinator
Summary: This position is responsible for providing administrative and accounting support. Must be willing to multi-task, take direction from all departments. Because this positions involves multiple departments, you must be a good communicator and able to prioritize tasks properly. Sense of urgency is necessary to be successful in this position. We need someone that can learn to know what we need, before we need it and have it ready. Room for growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promptly handle customer phone calls.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of company products and procedures
- Project a positive attitude and image to customers, employees, and business partners
- Accurately check in and record items received from vendors
- Maintain an accurate inventory of such items
- Provide clear communication to management, employees and customers
Accounts Receivable – Accounts Payable
- Accurately invoice customers, log sales
- Assist in applying payments to customers' accounts
- Maintaining Files
- Assisting Accounts Payable
Full Office Support
- Provide reports to management.
- Assist sales staff
- Cover alternate positions
- Maintain customer files
- Ensure company records are up-to-date
- Work with and process confidential information appropriately
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. We all wear many hats.
- Must have great attendance, this position requires commitment to responsibilities.
- Availability on weekends (usually only Saturdays) during peak seasons. Time off black out period is maintained during peak season.
- May run errands like Bank, Post Office, etc..
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient math and excellent computer skills , willingness to learn our program
- Excel Skills
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing, in both English and Spanish
- Must be flexible and have ability to move from one task to another quickly
- Excellent organizational skills including multi-tasking, planning and prioritizing.
Commitment to maintain drug and alcohol free environment :
- Understand that random drug testing required
- Comply with our Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Minimum of one year of administrative and/or data entry experience
- Produce simple and accurate information
- Agricultural background desirable
- Ability to speak Spanish is essential to communication with staff and some customers and vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time as well as use hands or fingers to reach or handle, and to talk or hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. All vision abilities are required to encompass close-up and distant work. Must be able to tolerate and endure extended seasonal hours and maintain alertness to meet deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to normal working conditions for an office environment and warehouse with a noise level that is usually moderate.
This job description is not a complete description of responsibility, but reflects the general qualifications, duties, and/or responsibilities necessary to perform this position. Company reserves the right to revise the job description as circumstances warrant.
We are an at-will employer, which means that either the employee or the company may terminate the relationship at any time, with or without notice, and with or without cause.
Compensation is negotiable, dependent on experience. Increases are not automatic, but given on merit.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.