• This position will be responsible for the accounts payable/payroll function and a small amount of general office work reporting to the Accounting Manager.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expenses
• Print and obtain signatures on accounts payable checks
• Ensure payment and invoice records are filed timely
• Communication as needed with vendors and company personnel as it relates to processing the payables
• Facilitate vendor’s credit qualification of the Company
• Other Special projects as needed
• Process new employee documentation
• Process weekly payroll transmittal
• Process and print payroll reports
• General payroll activities including but not limited to garnishments, payroll verifications, and governmental reporting requirements.
• Minimum 2 year experience processing Accounts Payable or equivalent education and a minimum of 1 year experience processing payroll.
• General bookkeeping experience a plus
• Demonstrate knowledge and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Computer literate in MS Office applications, especially spreadsheets (pivot tables and macros a plus)
• Flexible team player with high integrity and ethical standards
• Excellent follow-up, organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate initiative and be proactive
• Good communication skills, written and verbal
• Able to exercise good judgment in resolving problems.
• Maintain good vendor relationships
• Manage personal time and productivity
• Detailed oriented
Please submit your resume and references to Plant Sciences, Inc. via email to
Plant Sciences, Inc.,
342 Green Valley Rd.,
Watsonville, CA 95076.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.