Wonderful Citrus is seeking a Director of Agronomy for the San Joaquin Valley including locations in Arizona. Successful candidate will direct and coordinate activities within the department. Supervise all application activities for pest, disease, and chemical weed control. Advise ranch locations as needed. Evaluate soils and tissues to determine best horticulture strategies.
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus. Our citrus varieties can be found in the produce department of grocery stores across the country under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
To learn more about Wonderful Citrus Company, visit www.wonderfulcitrus.com.
- Works with management services and directors to translate creative problems into technical solutions.
- Direct recommended treatment programs to achieve effective, economic control.
- Plan and prepare department operating, and capital budget in coordination with Farming Directors.
- Maintain Department equipment to meet readiness and operational needs.
- Implement and maintain worker safety programs that comply with all governmental regulations.
- Well versed on all governmental regulations as they pertain to chemical application in the Ag industry.
- Work closely with chemical companies, and staff in research and development of improved pest, disease, and weed control methods.
- Establishes quality standards.
- Assigns personnel to complete relevant assignments and projects.
- Contracts and negotiates terms and deadlines with appropriate personnel.
- Must possess a Pest Control Operator License, PCA preferred.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in Ag Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Four plus years’ experience in production AG.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Conversational Spanish is desired but not required.
- Excellent Planning and scheduling abilities.
- Ability to coordinate programs and work effectively within team environment.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic and algebraic functions. Knowledge of statistics desired but not required.
- Must be able to troubleshoot equipment/process problems and propose solutions. Problem-solving skills are essential to this position.
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 8,500 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.