Brooks Tropicals, located in the heart of the Redlands, has an open position for a Tropicals Packinghouse Supervisor.
This position reports directly to the Director of Packinghouse Operations and will be responsible for supervising the Tropicals packinghouse personnel in daily functions of packing, re-packing, labeling and reworking of fruit for the desired quality and quantity of work. Positions supervised include packers, stackers and forklift operators, fruit receiving, box department, Tropical grading and labeling for the department.
- Monitors activities of assigned departmental supervisors.
- Reporting of production data to Director of PH Op
- Monitoring and reporting of production standards
- Verifies orders in computer for changes.
- Supervises the packing process and labeling of fruit
- Oversees all repacks.
- Verifies computer input, output and creates fruit receiving tickets.
- Checks weight regularly of packed fruit.
- Supervises inventory, reviews payroll printouts for accuracy.
- Performs annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Adheres to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a supervisor in a produce packing facility.
- Basic Microsoft systems experience (Excel/Word/Outlook)
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Great communication skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and some Saturdays
Vacation/Sick/Personal days/Paid Holidays
Health, Dental, Vision, free life insurance with additional/voluntary insurance available.
Short-term disability plans available
100% of 6% matching 401K
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.