Earl's Organic Produce, Inc., a leading distributor of organic produce throughout Northern California, seeks a skilled and safe Class A and B Delivery Driver for our San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market headquarters.
Under the direction of the Transportation Supervisor, the selected candidate will deliver palletized orders to our diverse customer base in a timely and attentive manner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting thorough pre-trip safety checks
- Maintaining accurate trips logs and related reports
- Securing loads to ensure product integrity upon delivery
- Efficiently navigating assigned delivery routes
- Unloading and appropriately handling pallets and packages, per customers' specific needs
- Providing excellent customer service at every opportunity
- Informing his/her supervisor of route delays and outstanding delivery situations
- Obtaining necessary delivery receipts
- Organizing and securing all route related paperwork
- Participating in efficient route planning
- Pick-up dispatched backhauls in a timely manner
- Cultivating respectful working relationships with all customer personnel
- Contributing ideas for individual and team improvement
- Actively supporting other team members in a direct and respectful fashion
- Participating in related team projects and activities
Position requirements include:
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Class A or B California driver's license required
- Able to operate an electric Pallet Jack
- Able to operate a hand truck
- 2-3 years delivery driving experience, preferably with a fresh produce company but not necessary
- Familiarity with Bay Area traffic patterns
- Ability to read directions and use a street map to plot delivery route
- Ability to maintain logs and records
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service ability
- Ability to respond to feedback from others
- Ability to present oneself professionally in customer-facing situations
- Ability to maintain respect and composure in stressful situations
- Attention to detail
- Desire to support other team members
- High energy!
- Desire to grow individually and to learn how to best support other team members
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Basic Warehouse experience
The above is only a basic description of the position and it does not, nor is it intended to, outline all of the specifics of the responsibilities expected to be performed.
Earl's Organic Produce provides a highly competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, LTD and voluntary life, plus a company-sponsored retirement program. Earl's Organic Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We work to embrace diversity in all its forms and strive to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened and productive environment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Class B Drivers: $18.50 - $22.50 DOE
Class A Drivers: $23.50 - $26.50 DOE
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and three references via email or come directly to:
Earls Organic Produce
2101 Jerrold Ave., Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94124
Earl's Organic Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.