The ideal candidate will have a horticulture background and/or degree with greenhouse experience, with the ability to advise our VP of Cultivation and the production team in Wray as well as liaise with the Director of Plant Biology and Agronomist.
- Manages and supports overall plant health and soil nutrition strategies for all grow sites to include sustainable gardening practices and integrated pest management in greenhouse only
- Establishes and oversees with the VP of Cultivation the future direction of plant count and operations in coordination with the company’s mission and strategy
- Coordinates heating and cooling of greenhouses, irrigation systems and maintenance of horticultural equipment collaboratively with Field Agronomist
- Is a hands-on leader, actively working in the daily horticultural tasks
- Establishes and maintains high horticultural standards and practices; providing direction, training and motivation for the horticultural staff
- Works with horticultural staff developing long-term productive relationships and growing the size of the operation
- Directly supervises 3-5 non-supervisory employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, botany, natural sciences or a related field
- Minimum of four years experience as a professional horticulturist
- Minimum of two years experience in management position
Licenses and Certifications
- Must become familiar with the rules and regulations pertaining to industrial hemp as regulated by the Colorado Department of Agriculture
- Must possess a valid State of Colorado driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.