Victor Joseph & Son is a 4th generation produce company. We have been in business for over 100 years. We like to believe that everyone in our office is family. We are seeking a candidate who would help us expand our business while maintaining the reputation that we have so proudly built.
The successful candidate will have excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a motivation to contribute to a growing business. They will be detail-oriented and able to analyze changing market factors, and have a comprehensive understanding of the fresh produce supply-chain.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain current customer base.
- Cold calling and developing new customers.
- Book orders with customers and shippers.
- Customer service.
- Provide input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions, and goals.
- Previous sales experience and knowledge of the produce industry is required.
- Must have existing book of business.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic.
- Ability to quickly process information and make decisions.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Quick learner, a logical thinker and team oriented.
- Excellent and effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Effective negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Outlook and Quick Books.
- Excellent follow-through skills.
We offer very competitive compensation, plus insurance and 401K possibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.