SmartWash Solutions has been established to provide innovative food safety solutions for the fresh food industry. Recognizing the critical need to prevent recurring outbreaks of food-borne illness, SmartWash Solutions provides complete turnkey solutions including commercial scale testing, product installation, integration into client systems and customer support.
SmartWash Solutions produces SmartWash™, a breakthrough food wash solution that optimizes the performance of standard wash systems to deliver complete protection against bacterial cross-contamination; a common precursor to outbreaks of food borne illness.
SmartWash Solutions has a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our team as an Engineer.
Under general direction of a Division Manager or Director, performs and oversees professional field, office, structural and facilities engineering work related to the planning, design, construction and maintenance of SmartWash Solutions’ projects and programs in the areas of development, general operations and safety, capital improvement, storm water and building structural inspection, including managing complex engineering projects and programs. Provides professional assistance and technical advice to Managers. Coordinates projects with contractors, other departments and outside agencies. Evaluates requests for changes or additional work to product design. And performs related work as required.
Qualified individuals will enjoy working in our fast paced environment and hands-on work inside manufacturing facilities.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in an Engineering curriculum or related field and five years of professional engineering experience. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
Must possess and maintain a valid California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. At the option of SmartWash Solutions, professional registration, certification or specialized education and training relevant to the area of assignment may be required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within the company and away from the company and to inspect various work, building or construction sites; strength to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 pounds, vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone and/or radio. At times, this postion will require the ability to work in a cold and wet environment.
Knowledge of: (at entry)
- Engineering design theories and principles
- Budget principles and practices
- Computer applications related to the work, including basic Microsoft products and AutoCAD concepts and applications
- The following items are a plus:
- Techniques for effectively representing SmartWash Solutions in interactions with government agencies, community groups, various business, professional and regulatory organizations, and with property owners, contractors and the public
- Principles and practices of management and supervision
- Construction theories and principles
- Principles of program and project development, management and evaluation
- Principles of capital improvement cost estimation and contract administration
- Applicable laws, regulations, codes, policies and engineering standard practices
Skill in: (at entry)
- Developing and reviewing engineering plans and projects
- Managing multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines
- Preparing and reviewing budgets and cost estimates
- Writing technical reports and reviewing plans, specifications, estimates and engineering calculations
- Supervising and evaluating staff
- Training staff and directing their work on a project or day-to-day basis
- Communicating effectively with officials, team members, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- The following items are a plus:
- Monitoring and managing program area activities, goals and objectives, evaluating effectiveness
- Developing and administering contracts for professional services and construction
- Effectively representing the department and the Company in meeting with governmental agencies, community groups and various business, professional and regulatory organizations, and in meetings with individuals
This position requires approximately 25% travel.
SmartWash Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.