A&A Organic Farms, Corp. a Watsonville, CA, based organic grower sales agent and broker of organic fresh fruits and vegetables has a great opportunity for an experienced Inside Produce Salesperson to join our team. Under the direction of the President, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a customer base by meeting customer needs, building product demand and assisting in the development of new customers.
We are looking for a person with previous experience in an agricultural sales office, retail produce setting or related experience. Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced changing environment is a must. Are you motivated to make money and love the world of organic produce with its daily challenges? If the answer is YES, an inside sales position at our Watsonville office is available.
• Sell perishable produce inventory to new and existing wholesale and retail clients.
• Maximize the amount of sales for existing market areas.
• Develop customer purchase programs.
• Process orders in office by scheduling trucking, tracking orders and follow up. Coordinates paper flow with back-up personnel.
• Meet or exceed monthly gross sales quota.
• Provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt services at all times.
• Proven inside sales experience
• Previous experience with organic produce and or conventional produce sales.
• Strong phone presence and experience making dozens of calls per day
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong listening and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• BA/BS degree or equivalent
Effective written communication skills required along with excellent phone skills. Have the ability to maintain customer relationships. Have a sense of humor and enjoy the business. Be efficient in paper work with close attention to detail and able to multitask. Be an effective communicator on the phone and via email. Must be computer proficient and be able to work within the core Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
Be able to work individually as well as in a team environment with excellent interpersonal skills. Be able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment and maintain your composure, having the ability to handle customer inquiries effectively and efficiently.
Office hours are Monday thru Friday 6:30 am to 3:30 pm.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We offer competitive salary with excellent benefits package (Health / Dental / Vision Benefits, PTO and 401k & Paid holidays). Qualified Candidates may email your resume below.
No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.