Produce Facilities and Logistics Manager
As the Facilities Manager you are responsible for directing all activities in two closely situated warehouses, at maximum efficiency. You will perform a variety of management, administrative, and physical functions to ensure the timely and accurate loading and unloading of commodities that transit the warehouse. Your responsibilities include scheduling and tracking of trucks to optimize time and traffic efficacy. You will also collaboratively work with two shipping office managers, two foremen and their teams to ensure that operational efficiency, safety, and controls are maintained within the warehouses. You will develop and maintain metrics for continual improvement.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and possess a background in produce warehouse operations. They will have outstanding leadership skills and will have a hands-on approach, willing to jump in and help the team when and where needed.
Come and join our team where hard-working, hands-on individuals have an excellent opportunity for tremendous career and personal growth.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Daily management of department duties, including labor allocations, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and providing discipline, as needed.
- Supervise all aspects of the shipping and receiving operations.
- Ensure that inventory protocols are being followed.
- Ensure timely shipment of correct quantities while adhering to specific operational procedures.
- Process and prepare shipping, receiving and daily reports.
- Effectively communicate daily details of the operation with all subordinates, peers, and upper management.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized warehouse at all times, and ensure that this is a priority of every employee.
- Supervise and schedule all 3rd party certification audits.
- Ensure all food safety protocol is strictly adhered to.
- Manage the warehouse equipment’s maintenance.
- Manage truck maintenance scheduling.
- Assist team with tasks as needed.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years fresh produce warehouse management experience.
- Must have experience in shipping a wide variety of fruits and vegetables and possess a thorough understanding of handling and storage requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of modern warehouse & inventory practices.
- Ability to plan & supervise the work of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with associates, customers, and vendors.
- Good communication with vendors and freight companies regarding deliveries and logistics issues.
- Have excellent communication and training skills.
- Experience with, and full understanding of fresh produce Receiving/Inventory/Shipping software modules and MS Office products.
- Ability to prepare reports and maintain accurate records.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.