The R&D Technician is responsible for the design and execution of projects related to product quality, process validation, shelf life, and operational efficiency. Create technical reports and documents to outline methods, results, and observations of projects for review by Technical Services Department. Coordinate with Production and Food Safety departments to ensure any and all requirements are met.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute experiments that will determine best specifications for a wide variety of projects and goals; including but not limited to packaging, new product development, equipment verification, process flow, and shelf life quality improvement.
- Work with Technical Services, Production, and Food Safety Departments to develop and evaluate processes for improving production, as well as identify and address any challenges with regard to product quality and safety.
- Validate and improve equipment design and function.
- Identify and make recommendations for opportunities to improve product quality or production efficiency.
- Implement inspection protocols designed to ensure products meet designed specifications.
- Use a wide variety of tools and methods to evaluate product quality.
- Use experience and creative thinking to apply different technologies to achieve stated goals.
- Communicate findings of any experiments, either written or verbally, with managers.
- Hard Working individual
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Desire to develop knowledge about process improvement, product development, and Food Safety and quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science Field (Food Science, Biology, etc.)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- May involve long periods of standing and/or sitting.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. repeatedly
- Work environment will vary from Cold Storage Production Work environment (34-38 F) to an office environment.
- Will be working on or around industrial equipment.
This is a full-time position offering excellent competitive benefits and working in a highly positive but demanding culture with our rapidly growing company.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.