The sales associate is responsible for maintaining daily business with existing accounts and developing new opportunities as the market makes available. Contributes to company growth and return to grower by initiating, planning and executing against strategic sales and business development plans.
- Manage day-to-day contact with existing customers, maintaining a constant flow of Central West products into customer’s facilities.
- Sharing responsibility for strategic planning with VP of Sales, including prospecting and developing sale strategies that grow volume and returns for each product sold.
- Develop rapport with decision makers at key accounts to ensure continued business.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to VP of sales on account activities, needs and opportunities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to drive short or long distance, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field: or five years of work experience.
- Proven success in managing sales.
- Produce industry experience required.
- Strategic ability in account management, with a focus on growing profitable sales for the customers and Central West.
- General knowledge of the P&L with ability to manage a working sales/product budget.
- Working knowledge of PACA regulations and fresh market trends, swings, competition.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic software systems: Excel, Word, Power Point as part of the daily job function.
- Must be impeccably honest and trustworthy: uses discretion regarding confidentiality issues.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing, fast paced, demanding environment.
- Competitive: exhibits a genuine passion for the business. Ambition and desire to exploit the full potential of the CWP organization.
- Excellent communication, organization, negotiation, reasoning and strategic planning skills required.
- Self-directed time management skills to ensure a high level of quality and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
Sales experience in a produce company, preferably with volume of $10 million plus directly related to fresh commodities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain all duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.