Job Title: Logistics Coordinator & Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Founded in 1999 by Chalmers and Lori Anne Carr, Titan Farms is a premier grower, packer, and shipper of fresh peaches and vegetables. The company is a category leader with a reputation for quality products and people and is developing a dynamic sales team to further enhance its growth.
Titan Farms is committed to producing the highest quality peaches and vegetables thus achieving the highest customer satisfaction. Titan Farms state of the artoperations and focus on teamwork embodies integrity, progressive agricultural practices in a safe and wholesome work environment.
Titan Farms is seeking an experienced Logistics Coordinator & Customer Service Representative based out of Ridge Spring, SC. The qualified individual will be an enthusiastic and outgoing individual with the ability to multi-task. The ideal candidate will be a team player in an energetic sales office, will be a vibrant communicator, and will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced business environment.
To organize and coordinate the safe and efficient distribution of products and to ensure orders and fulfilled and delivered correctly and efficiently. To use logical reasoning to coordinate with various logistics entities, the sales team members and the shipping department team to ensure the highest customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Oversee and direct daily transportation arrangements and ensure that logistic service providers meet their contractual obligations.
- Work with team to recommend cost and transit time improvement opportunities and negotiate spot freight rates for cost containment.
- Assess carrier market pricing/rates and to ensure adequate savings to our customers.
Support Sales/Customers with services that include expediting time sensitive cargo, freight claims, and excellent communication protocols
Strong personal interaction skills to coordinate the functions of internal warehouse personnel for efficient workflow and the ability to act as liaison between suppliers and customers
Update and provide tracking information to customers as well as to account managers
Monitor and report driver issues such as accidents, missed appointments, or delivery issues.
Analyze delivery costs and recommended more cost-effective methods of transportation.
- Customer Service:
- Assist sales team in developing the business with efficient execution of administration.
- Manage internal administration for the sales team that includes communication with the farm operations team, the pack house team and other growers.
- Organize and prepare paperwork for external communication to all customers
- Perform administrative duties such as:
- Answering phones to provide assistance to customers and carriers
- Data entry/processing of sales orders within a computer software
- Data entry/assessment with excel spreadsheet(s)
- Provide directions and assistance to drivers/carriers/customers
- Oversee pending orders and organize system for all outbound orders to ensure appropriate and timely flow of produce
- Ensure satisfactory completion of orders and prompt follow-up regarding orders, complaints, or discrepancies.
- 2+ years’ experience in the produce industry
- 2+ years in logistics
- Experience in working with a sales team
- Prior sales assistant, administrative and/or technical experience is preferred.
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with computer competency (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Envio, Famous)
- Strong sense of urgency, problem solving skills and excellent customer service skills are key factors in the success of this role
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy and proficient record-keeping skills
- Solid understanding of logistic principles and supply chain network behavior
- The ability to plan ahead and deal with unexpected changes strategically and expeditiousl
- Should possess a positive attitude and have the ability to think outside of the box to improve efficiencies
- “Own It” mentality that is mission-driven
- On-site position in Ridge Spring, South Carolina
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.