Wonderful Citrus is seeking a Farm Manager for its Visalia, CA location. Ideal candidates will supervise, plan, purchase materials, assist in budgeting process, and responsible for all aspects of the day to day cultural operations of citrus orchards of 1,000-2,500 acres. Work with other departments and outside contractors to optimize efficiency of farming operations.
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus. Our citrus varieties can be found in the produce department of grocery stores across the country under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
To learn more about Wonderful Citrus Company, visit www.wonderfulcitrus.com.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate activities pertaining to the production of citrus in assigned geographic areas.
- Supervise day to day operations including: fertility, pest control, weed control, irrigation, pruning, frost protection, and other related ranch projects.
- Give direction, display leadership, provide training and guidance, and promote teamwork within the labor force and other departments within Wonderful Citrus for a productive and harmonious work atmosphere.
- Schedule, coordinate, supervise and monitor all irrigation functions by implementing irrigation schedules.
- Will supervise full-time employees year-round, and up to 60 seasonal employees.
- B.S. degree in agricultural related studies preferred, or three years’ agricultural operations experience.
- Computer literate and Pest Control Operator license is preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desired.
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 8,500 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.