SHIPPING COORDINATOR, CASTROVILLE, CA
January 30, 2018
The Shipping Coordinator position is located in Castroville, California and reports to the Assistant Plant Manager. This position will be responsible for the various shipping office related functions. Engages with and follows safety, procedure and policy compliance.
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Coordinate with Sales Department on any daily special requirements.
- Check-in trucks on a first come – first serve basis. Communicate to incoming drivers current loading status in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assign available loaders to each order when ready to load.
- Communicate individually to loaders any special requirements for orders.
- Ensure that all orders are loaded in rotations, according to the aging report.
- Monitor product receiving during the day and cross reference truck arrivals.
- Tag out the orders by checking the pallet tag numbers used by the loaders against the product on order. Verify that the correct product was loaded in rotations and that any special instructions for that order were followed. Issue a Bill of Lading for each shipment and distribute copies as appropriate.
- Telephone Inquiries
- Answer all questions by Sales or customers regarding orders.
- Provide truck drivers with directions to our various facilities.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports Ocean Mist Farms values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; continuing work-related training, including forklift, safety and good agricultural practices may be required.
- Proficient math and reading skills is required.
- Previous forklift certification and/or experience is preferred.
- Proficient computer knowledge in Famous and other software is required.
- Prior and efficient use of radio frequency hand held devices is preferred.
- This position requires that employees work Monday through Saturday, including Sundays and holidays, as needed. Eight – ten plus hours per day or as necessary to fulfill job responsibilities; overtime may be required. Weekly shift rotation schedule.
- Majority of time spent walking to ensure proper operations of equipment; often standing, walking, turning, sitting, reaching, and climbing stairs for long periods of time.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.