Taylor Fresh Foods, Inc. is dedicated to being North America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Our “Taylor Family” includes nearly 12,000 team members who are passionate about making high quality, great tasting products for families across North America. As we continue to rapidly grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our Prepared Foods & Deli team as a Product Manager.
The right candidate for this position will have experience with product management, demand forecasting and product costing with an analytical background. Qualified individuals will enjoy working in our fast-paced environment and have 4+ years of experience in the fresh food industry. A working knowledge of facility operations and value-added processing is ideal. Individual time management is critical to the success of the person in this role. This person will be responsible for developing a strong understanding of our products and processes as well as engaging the customer to understand their needs. This position will be based in Salinas, California and require a potential of 20% US travel.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Proactively manage and work closely with cross-functional teams to influence product development and support the changing needs of the customer and their innovative fresh lunch program.
- Generate product requirements; determine specifications, costs, and time-integrated plans for product launches. Manage timelines for product introductions, transitions and exits.
- Work with our cost accounting teams to develop costing and ensure the Business Management team has all information needed for setting margins and sales pricing.
- Collaborate with Operations, Procurement and Production to identify packaging innovations and opportunities that are scalable, cost-effective and align with customer requirements.
- Manage and communicate demand forecasts to purchasing team and facilities.
- Manage quarterly price updates with supplier network and facilities.
- Improve and streamline current product management processes as needed.
- BA/BS Degree (in Business Administration preferred) required
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in fresh food industry required, preferably with Project Management experience related to new product development and launches.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have proven experience collaborating with multiple departments in achieving completion of projects/goals.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather, analyze and summarize information in a clear and concise format.
- High degree of accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Team player and leader, with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines, and adjust to changing operational and business needs.
- Strong problem solving, prioritization, organizational and follow up skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required.
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email below:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.