Coastal Nursery is a provider of innovative, florist-quality potted plant products primarily for the supermarket and other retail chains. This grower position would involve all phases of crop production in fields, hoops, shade houses, and greenhouses. Experience in new crop development, crop rotation, mapping, scheduling, pest control, nutrition, crop record keeping, best practices and labor supervision is important. Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Budget and forecast labor on a weekly basis to ensure proper and effective execution of all growing activities.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of crop activities moving, spacing, housekeeping, consolidating, and dumping.
- Make sure labor is deployed in the most efficient and effective way
- Coordinate daily meetings with Supervisors and Sales to ensure proper execution of activities.
- Help with the implementation of an automated task management system.
- Promote a culture of safety and if needed initiate corrective actions with employees.
- Responsible for farm conditions, crop yields, machinery breakdowns, or labor problems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and previous on the job training required
- 3-5 years of experience in the nursery industry
- Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong sense of Team Work and Customer Service
- Good Leadership and management skills
- Strong planning skills
- Be reliable, self-driven, responsible, and dependable, to fulfilling obligations
- Able to work in greenhouse environment
- Clear DMV record. Must maintain eligibility for company sponsored vehicle insurance
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision.
Please send resume and salary requirements below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.