Summary: SupHerb Farms, the market leader in fresh frozen herbs and other specialty culinary products, has an opening for a Field Equipment Mechanic/Harvest Operator to operate and perform maintenance on farm equipment such as tractors, forklifts, trucks, implements, and specialty harvesters throughout our harvest season and in preparation for the coming harvest year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following.
- Operate vehicles and farm machinery to perform harvest activities (valid driver’s license required).
- Understand the components of gas and diesel engines, electrical systems, and hydraulic systems on farm equipment.
- Perform trouble shooting and repairs to farm equipment.
- Coordinate and comply with preventive maintenance programs.
- Weld and fabricate metal products.
- Assist with the development of parts orders and supplies required to perform successful repairs.
- Understand and comply with all federal and state safety requirements and quality control standards established by the Company.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualification Requirements and Preferences:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have 3 – 5 years related farm equipment experience
- Must have general knowledge of farming and mechanics
- Bi-lingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to travel to fields within the growing area
- Work early morning hours and some weekends frequently during the season.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.