Position Summary: D & J Packing, LLC is a family-run business with more than thirty (30) years of harvesting experience in the Salinas Valley. We are looking for a HR & Work Place Safety Coordinator to join our team.
This position is primarily responsible for administering human resource functions in the Salinas area. The HR & Work Place Safety Coordinator will help coordinate the safety programs and training. The HR & Work Place Safety Coordinator will spend the majority of the time in the field administering safety activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have two years of previous experience in this area of work.
- Must be bilingual in English & Spanish.
- Knowledge of HR functions, including all policies and processes to guarantee the effectiveness and efficiency of all policies and procedures.
- Implement health and safety policies by managing all company training programs. Directly train employees, manage staff trainees or coordinate with outside service providers. Comfortable with leading presentations and meetings with both foremen and workers.
- Possess and demonstrate a sound knowledge of management-labor relations, federal and state employment laws, and the ability to provide guidance to management in compliance with those requirements. Continue to keep up-to-date with current laws and regulations.
- Investigate injuries and incidents on a timely basis, review and/or write reports and make recommendations regarding incident prevention.
- Effectively administer the Workers' Compensation Program by ensuring that claims are properly filed and administered, developing claims strategies, monitoring claims and administering and continuously evaluation return to work programs.
- Assist in new hire employment paperwork at the field level.
- Identify, report, and provide solutions to management regarding employee safety programs, regulatory compliance, and employee health issues.
- Promote effective communication programs to enhance and encourage overall employee safety awareness and knowledge while increasing accountability for all facilities.
- Keep current on changing safety laws and regulations and advise management of their impact or potential impact to the business operations.
- Farm Labor contractor compliance.
- Maintain confidentiality to any sensitive information that is accessed.
- Support Food Safety Compliance.
- Management of the H2A labor force to ensure compliance.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Strong implementation and execution skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to be relatable, personable, and productive within a team environment
Education and Experience: Minimum of five years related experience and two years college or combination thereof.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and understand common financial reports and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Software Skills Required: Intermediate: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) Basic: 10-Key, Alphanumeric Data Entry, Processing/Typing. Knowledge of Famous Software a plus.
Benefits: Health & 401K plan
Paid vacation time
Additional Information Ability to utilize both internal and external resources to obtain information and data necessary to carry out routine assignments and special projects. Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and staff. Requires traveling to all company locations on a frequent basis. Monday through Saturday work and some evening work during peak seasons. Must be able to read, write and speak English and Spanish. This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed in the Position Summary are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change, or be eliminated.
Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and salary requirements. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Email or fax resume to:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.