Technical Service Representative
SmartWash Solutions’ is looking for a self-motivated individual to support our current growth. Our cutting edge technology and research facility allows us to stay steps ahead of our competitors ensuring that our customers exceed their food safety requirements. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and leading the industry in food safety and technology innovation.
The Technical Service Representative position will provide support with the installation, implementation, service and management of all SmartWash systems. He/she will be responsible for visiting customers to provide technical service and assistance troubleshooting equipment and processes throughout the year. This position requires hands on work at processing facilities with long hours in wet, noisy and cold environment. It requires extensive travel and continuous communication with customers. The Technical Service Representative will also help at the SmartWash production facility supporting our chemical manufacturing, equipment assembly and testing, and R&D projects. Experience in industrial manufacturing and/or electronics is a plus. The ideal candidate will be provided with extensive, hands-on training in the following responsibilities/areas:
- Become proficient with SmartWash Systems – chemicals, equipment, software and training programs.
- Become familiar with food processing environments and food safety programs in industries such as produce and proteins.
- Analyze key performance indicators and metrics through statistical evaluation of process and research data.
- Evaluate equipment and systems performance leading to continuous improvements.
- Perform basic lab analytical tests and evaluations.
- Troubleshoot equipment at customers’ facilities or remotely from office.
- Implement and manage projects at customer facilities while communicating needs and requirements throughout the chain of management, with both the customer and SmartWash personnel.
- Train customer employees, supervisors, and management staff on the SmartWash systems including, but not limited to troubleshooting, operational procedures, employee safety concerns, food safety concerns and prerequisite programs.
- Maintain focus on customer support through continuous improvements and excellent service.
- Provide continuous feedback to technical development and marketing team
- Must be available to travel up to 50%.
- Minimum requirements: technical degree or equivalent education or experience in a technical or food safety field – i.e. mechanical, electrical, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to work in a multitude of environments.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining professionalism in challenging situations.
- Able to improvise and troubleshoot problems quickly – mechanical, chemical and electrical.
- Minimum 3 years work experience.
- Motivated and responsible with good time management skills.
- Available to work on occasional weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Ethernet/WIFI knowledge desired.
- Computer programming experience desired.
Equal opportunity employer. Clean driving record a must. Must provide references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.