The fourth largest seed company in the world. Limagrain is an international cooperative group created and directed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain markets field seeds, vegetable seeds, and cereal products.
Vilmorin North America, Business Unit of Group Limagrain, a company headquartered in France; specializes in the breeding, production, and marketing of vegetable seeds and tree seeds for professional farmers worldwide. The diversity within our multicultural teams drives the company’s growth strategy through quality products, expertise, and commitments to excellence.
Purpose: Vilmorin North America, a Limagrain company, is seeking a warehouse associate responsible for all shipping, receiving and order filling at our Salinas, CA site. This role requires strong work ethics, good attendance and punctuality, a positive attitude and the ability to follow directions.
- Loads and unloads materials
- Accurate paperwork and record keeping of all items processed
- Prepare and package seed for delivery or shipment
- Prepare seed packaging including but not limited to applying proper labeling for outgoing orders and stock
- Forwarding all necessary paperwork to the sales office on a daily basis
- Acquire familiarity and use of labeling software
- Monitor and record inventory
- Perform seed counts as requested
- Fill out seed sample requests
- Ensures all processes flow following safety and quality guidelines
- Organization and maintenance of the Warehouse and Office including daily cleaning
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic office environment experience (phones, copying, faxing, filing etc.)
- Computer skills (working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Internet, E-mail)
- MUST have a clean driving record
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Forklift experience and certification a plus
- Bi-lingual a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.