PRODUCTION OPERATIONS MANAGER
Christensen & Giannini, LLC is an established grower of fresh vegetables (row crops) seeking a Production Operations Manager for ranches in the Salinas Valley. This individual will help improve and enhance various programs and procedures for all growing operations of our farming program. The ideal candidate will help our current farm supervisors in the management and implementation of all aspects of growing high quality produce timely and at a reasonable cost as well as meet the required specifications as communicated by the Operations/Production Manager.
- Prepare and distribute planting schedules.
- Help develop, implement and distribute Human Resources policies/requests as needed.
- Oversee and implement irrigation management plans. Manage experiment trials.
- Oversee and implement fertilizer management plans. Manage experiment trials.
- Oversee Equipment fleet and Maintenance program.
- Coordinating and implementing enhanced plans to the team in accordance with the organization’s policies and guidelines.
- Make recommendations to decision making process to improve yield and manage costs.
- Minimum of three years growing and farming experience
- General knowledge of standard farming practices and harvest operations
- Knowledge and understanding of various tractors and implements required
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) required
- College degree preferable
- Computer knowledge a plus
- Mechanical skills a plus
- Clean driving record
- Reliable and respectful of others
- Highly motivated
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Wage commensurate with experience
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.