D&J Packing is seeking an H2A Program Manager.
This position will be responsible for managing employee relations and compliance matters as related to harvesting operations for Salinas CA and Yuma AZ. In this role, you will manage the Agricultural Worker’s program (H2A), including compliance with U.S. Dept. of Labor rules, regulations and procedures.
Perform Other Duties as Instructed by Supervisor:
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Administer the company’s Temporary Agricultural Workers program (H2A).
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Department of Labor, Federal and State rules, regulations and procedures as related to employment, safety and immigration/work visa requirements.
- Secure housing for program and related contracts.
- Handle employee counseling, coaching and disciplinary actions (including terminations) as required.
- Manage and oversee all program requirements for housing and transportation.
- Manage vendor recruiting strategies for the program.
- Conduct H2A employee orientation and safety training as needed.
- Handle all H2A employee matters related to wages, workers compensation insurance, housing, transportation, etc.
- Maintain meticulous records for potential audits and inspections.
- Ensure overall, up-to-date knowledge of industry changes, specifically related to the H2A program and ongoing requirements.
- Review, develop and maintain policies and procedures as related to farm labor workforce including updated legislation, current issues and/or any other situation which may warrant changes in policies, guidelines or procedures.
- Represent the Company in employee related hearings and/or investigations.
- Special projects as assigned by the owners and/or Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management (or related field), from an accredited institution.
- At least 3 to 4 years prior work experience managing and administering an H2A, or similar, immigration program.
- At least 2 to 3 years prior agricultural industry experience.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to research and familiarize oneself with complex laws, regulations and programs along with the comprehension and execution of such items.
- Excellent communication (i.e. written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to travel between California, Arizona and Mexico as needed.
- Must be bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
Preferred but not Essential:
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
- SPHR or PHR certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.