This position assists Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety and is responsible for ensuring the safety and quality of products sold by Superior Foods, International by evaluating quality systems and programs; collecting documents to satisfy customer requests; assessing microbiological results of each shipment; investigating customer complaints and claims; creating corrective actions and assisting in development of suppliers' food safety and quality systems.
Key responsibilities include but is not limited to:
Document Evaluation and Document Management
- Evaluate customer specifications to ensure product can ship
- Evaluate incoming reports (physical, chemical and biological) to ensure product received is within specs, meets customer requirements and country of receipt
- Communicate product deviations with suppliers, sales and procurement
- Manage hold/release programs
- Prepare product samples for lab analysis including interactions with 3rd party warehouses and labs.
- Research industry standards for food safety, food quality and utilize datasets to ensure all food safety and quality regulations are met
- Provide quality information for supplier performance evaluations
- Document translation (English & Spanish)
- Manage and archive documents in an organized manner
- Manage QA and customer common network accounts (iCiX, TraceGains) i.e. payment, uploading, new account set up
- Follow up on missing documents of shipped loads
- Track and complete customer packet questionnaires to ensure they meet expectations
- Investigate and coordinate with production facilities to analyze root cause analysis of complaints
- Assist with suppliers and team to develop working corrective actions
- Analyze and validate suppliers' corrective actions
- Track internal, supplier, customer and consumer complaints
Key Success Factors: Bilingual (Spanish & English) required; must be accountable, adaptable, collaborative, excellent communicator, organized, takes initiative, able to work independently as well as with direction, take ownership of documentation, science-minded, numbers-oriented.
Qualifications and Education: BS Degree in Food Science preferred or minimum of two years related experience PLUS training which should include: Auditor training, understanding of industry requirements for safe food production, HACCP/HARPC or PCQI training. The position may require some international travel (<20%).
Please apply via the link below using QA/SF BlueSkySearch in subject line. Submit resume and cover letter which should indicate: 1) why you are interested in this opportunity; 2) what skills or experience you have that are transferable to this role; and 3) in what type of culture you thrive. If selected for consideration a phone interview will be scheduled within 2 weeks of your resume submission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.