Taylor Farms Retail, Inc.
Director of Purchasing
About Taylor Farms
Taylor Farms Retail, Inc. is part of the Taylor Farms family of companies dedicated to being America’s favorite maker of salads and healthy fresh foods. Taylor Farms Retail Inc. is a leading supplier of a wide variety of fresh, healthy product lines including value added salads, side dishes and snack trays. As we continue to grow, we have a career opportunity available for a talented and motivated individual to join our team as Director of Purchasing in Salinas, CA.
About the Role
Through the use of sound business practices, the Director of Purchasing will lead a Team and systems that enables Taylor Farms Retail to efficiently manage the procurement and management of all materials used in the manufacturing of our fresh product lines.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Enhance our strategic sourcing, procurements protocols processes and procedures
- Build and maintain strong relationship with suppliers to achieve strategic goals and solutions
- Allow us clear visibility into daily ordering patterns and supplier performance
- Increase value and reduce costs by negotiating favorable terms and agreements with suppliers
- Advise stakeholders on procurement risks associated with industry and commodity market trends
- Audit processes to ensure accuracy of items, pricing details and volumes
- Marry current and emerging technologies to meet our needs
- Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for suppliers and the department
- Collaborate with other departments to identify inefficiencies and close operational gaps
- Progressive purchasing experience in manufacturing environment
- 8+ years leadership experience in Purchasing
- Strong desire to learn
- Creative problem solver
- Exceptional organization skills
- Travel required 20% of time
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume via email. Please type the following in the subject line: Purchasing Director, TFR- BlueSkySearch.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.