The sales associate is responsible for developing new sales opportunities with customers and maintaining current customer relationships. Contributes to company growth by initiating, planning and executing against strategic sales and business development plans.
- Manage day-to-day contact with existing customers and suppliers.
- Sharing responsibility for strategic planning with area manager, including prospecting and developing sales and product development strategies.
- Develop rapport with decision makers at key accounts to ensure continued business.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to area manager on account activities, needs and opportunities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to walk fields in all growing seasons within location and lift 50lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Proven success in managing sales.
- Produce industry experience required.
- Strategic ability in account management, with a focus on growing profitable sales.
- Knowledge and ability to use basic software systems: Excel, Word, Power Point as part of the daily job function.
- Must be impeccably honest and trustworthy: uses discretion regarding confidentiality issues.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing, fast paced, demanding environment.
- Competitive: exhibits a genuine passion for the business. Ambition and desire to grow and work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, organization, negotiation, reasoning and strategic planning skills required.
- Self-directed time management skills to ensure a high level of quality and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Clean driving record.
Sales or Product Development experience in a produce company, preferably in vegetable seed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain all duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.